The record library is an online repository of thousands of city records. There are two search types
available: basic and advanced. Use the basic search for very broad searches on specific words or
phrases. The advanced search should be used for more detailed searching which includes record category
and date ranges. Results are displayed and ordered by search relevance. Once the desired record has been located it can be downloaded.
The search features allow you to search the entire record repository. For more
specific record searching use the Advance Search feature to search for particular record
types. Here is a list of the record categories currently available in the record
- Agenda and Meeting Materials: This category contains the agenda packages and
meeting material of the City Council, and various City boards, committee, commissions
governed by the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Resolutions: This category contains resolutions passed by the Sacramento City
Council, Redevelopment Agency, Housing Authority, and Financing Authority from 1921
- Ordinances: This category contains ordinances passed by the Sacramento
City Council from 1921 – present.
- Minutes: This category contains the meeting minutes of the Sacramento
City Council, and various City boards, committees, commission governed by the
Ralph M. Brown Act. City Council minutes are complete from 1921 – present.
- Budget Documents: This category contains various budget records from 1922 –
- Building Permits: This category contains building permit cards from the very early 1900's -1982.